2006 CANOE JOURNEY PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
MUCKLESHOOT INDIAN TRIBE
In order to promote a safe & successful Canoe Journey event for all participants of the 2006 CANOE JOURNEY, all participants, volunteers, parents & attendees agree to the following code of conduct:
· Support & participate in 2006 CANOE JOURNEY program activities.
· Assist law enforcement, staff & volunteers in the operation of a safe event.
· Report all unsafe or illegal conditions to event staff immediately.
· Observe posted quiet hours (10pm to 6am) in & around all camping areas.
· Keep all camping areas clean & free from hazardous conditions.
· Treat others equally & fairly.
· Be respectful of individuals & property.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & ACTIVITIES:
· Alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons, or fireworks will not be allowed at the 2006 Canoe Journey. Possession, use or distribution will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the event.
· Campfires are allowed only in designated areas & salmon smoking-pits. Burn bans will be strictly enforced.
· Theft, vandalism and arson will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
· Bullying, harassment, or assault of any kind will not be tolerated.
· Crimes or other disruptive behaviors will not be tolerated.
Gang-Identified Activity and Clothing Code of Conduct Defined:
Canoe Journey is a significant cultural event for
Pacific Northwest Tribes & their Canoe Families. As such, all participants in the 2006 CANOE JOURNEY are expected to dress appropriately. Any clothing of a gang-related nature, which encourages gang-activity, is disruptive, and/or interferes with the cultural significance of the 2006 CANOE JOURNEY is prohibited.
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES & CLOTHING INCLUDE:
- Unlawful use of weapons, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or drug paraphernalia;
- Any gang paraphernalia;
- Clothing which promotes illegal or violent conduct;
- Clothing with language or images that are vulgar, discriminatory, or obscene;
- Clothing which contains gang symbols or threats;
- Sagging, bagging, flagging or any type of gang identification;
- Clothing should be neat and conform to the standards of safety and decency;
- Clothing that exposes cleavage, private parts, or undergarments or that is otherwise sexually or otherwise provocative is prohibited.
Participants violating this code of conduct will be asked to cover the non-complying clothing, change clothes, or be asked to leave event. Interpretation of this standard will be at the discretion of event security, event organizers & appropriate law enforcement.